Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Gujrat-Pakistan - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Gujrat-Pakistan > Topics

Subject: Who is ur favourit Writer and
Replies: 21 Views: 1855

alikhan7 5.10.09 - 07:20am
Just wana know what u ppl like best and for what reason.
for me in Urdu Adab it is Banoo Qudsia forevre and for her book Raja Gidh.Indeed its the best book writen in Urdu Adab.i also like Asmat chugtai and Mantoo for their work in Afsana.
In English i like Truman Capote for his Breakfast at tiffany and In cold blood.I think these two book r best written by him.I also like CHARLES d*ckENS and best by him is The Great Expectations.Now its ur turn tell me what u like and wat u dont? *

mehdi29 5.10.09 - 11:06am
Sh, Dr, Ali sharyati, he was great writer. Sh, Ayatullah daste gaib, Ismat chugtai unke afsano ke liay like AIK QATRA E KHOON, etc *

lyn803 5.10.09 - 05:43pm
Nice post Ali _,,well top of my writer list is Leo Tolstoy for his wonderful book A Walk in the Light and Twenty Three Tales, then Khalil Gibran for his book The Prophet, A Tear and a Smile, Sand and Foam and The Wanderer, nxt is William Shakespeare,,of course for his very wonderful 154 Sonnets, then i also love Richard Bach for his inspiring short story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. ths is really one of the best stories he had ever written. *

alikhan7 6.10.09 - 04:32am
Seems like u have a gid taste in literature.i havent red much of jabran but i guess he's a gud writer.as of for shakespeare i think best of his work is A Midsumer Nights Dream.I simply loved it.The way he potrayed the whole thing is great.Hamlet was also great.Have u ever seen any of his plays on stage?. *

nayla83 6.10.09 - 11:09pm
U guys sound lyk heavy readers the 1 book tht c*mz 2 mind 4me is called princess itz a true story abt an arabic princess n her lyf itz really emotinal n touching *

alikhan7 7.10.09 - 04:21am
Hahaha!well not heavy reader my self just wenever i get the chance i grab a book. *

nayla83 7.10.09 - 10:42am
Yeh me 2 bt i dn really get the tym 2 read bt u all sound vry intalectual itz really a gud hobby ;) *

alikhan7 8.10.09 - 04:07am
Indeed it is intrusting but u can see not alot of ppl r intrusted in it these days.Everybody is upto a BIT more Fun.i am not tryin to b an advocate or anything but i think these days its a bit more boaring thing for ppl to talk abt. *

nayla83 8.10.09 - 07:30am
Well tht all dependz on the type of ppl u tlk 2 we hav 2 advocates in this grp my dear sis lyn n prince basharat n nw u looks lyk i hav 2 start reading more 2 keep up with u all reading.GIF *

alikhan7 8.10.09 - 08:26am
Well reading is agud habbit(eventhough its a bit old fashioned)but it sharpens the mind like nothing else does.but its all abt the choice of material we chose. *

lyn803 8.10.09 - 11:33am
Hehehehe not really :), I jst simply love to read and I just enjoy this sort of hobby. I like to read during my free time. Yes Ali , Gibran is really a good writer :) . I really admire his style in writing. How I wish I could write jst like him,,but unfortunately,,I dnt think Im fit to bcome a writer hahahaha.. You cn also try reading Broken Wings, it's a story about his first love Selma Karamy :). I've read about those plays of Shakespeare and they're all interesting..The Hamlet is really one of his famous masterpiece jst like the Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately, Ive nvr seen any of his plays on stage yet. But if I will have a chance someday,,then I would really be grateful to tht,,I cn imagine it's surely gonna be a great time for me :) *

lyn803 8.10.09 - 11:55am
Yes sis I agree with you and certainly Im giving my all out support in this group because of you all my dear lovely friends :)

lyn803 8.10.09 - 11:55am
Again about reading,,sure some ppl may feel bored with this, because usually when some ppl hear about reading a book,,the first thing that comes on their mind is the size and thickness of the book,,the drowsy pages and they often miss the opportunity of knowing it's content.

For me I dont think reading is old fashioned, actually it's an all time trendy habit :) and sure Ali,, it also depends on the reading material we chose. One can really benefit reading when u read about things tht you're interested in. Just like me I like to read all story books, poems, novels etc but when it comes to Math books...I like to read them during bed time coz they can make me fall asleep in no time lol.GIF :) *

nayla83 8.10.09 - 05:37pm
sis i hav been lucky enough 2 c shakspears romeo n juliet it really is a gr8 play ;-) *

lyn803 9.10.09 - 08:44am
Me I hv only watched Shakepeare's Romeo and Juliet in a movie and yes that was really a beautiful romantic story :) *

alikhan7 11.10.09 - 05:24am
Romeo Juliet.....indeed one of the shakespears most famous piece of work.but not the best one.he did sum other great jobs too.anyways if there is one book that i really recommend is RAJA GIDH.I think everybody shud read it(its easy to get a english translation).its really great. *

brmirza 11.10.09 - 04:53pm
ali, u r absolutely right about that.. my fav book too is RAJA GIDH, n infact i'd read it many times... i've also read many gr8 writers of their times, SHAKESPEARE, MARLOWE, JANE AUSTIN, etc,n in poetry too, but the book i like of all is the one RAJA GIDH.. i've read it lot of times, n each time it gives the same pleasure or rather more than the previous... *

lyn803 11.10.09 - 08:08pm
Interesting guys! :) I'd better find a copy of that book too :) *

alikhan7 12.10.09 - 05:27am
indeed Bano Qudsia did a great job and how she gave an entirly new idea in such a great way.i think everyone shud read this book.lekin yahan loog parh to leta hein lekin uspa amal koi nai karta.bus yehi hum logoon ka masla ha. *

lyn803 12.10.09 - 06:47pm
Yes Ali I am also very interested to read that book. Unfortunately I'm hving a hard time finding a copy of tht book in English. Do you know a website where I can download an english translation of Raja Gidh? *

alikhan7 13.10.09 - 09:22am
sooory lyn i cudent find the english translation for thisonline.GIF.i was back in pakistan i wud've send u a published version but here its also hard 2 find but i ll try my best to get it here. *

lyn803 13.10.09 - 05:37pm
Yes Ali same here it's hard to get a copy of that book in English translation. Most I found were written in Urdu or Hindi language. Okay when you're able to find a copy, please do share me, I would really appreciate it :-) *

* Gujrat-Pakistan Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Gujrat-Pakistan

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits